The purpose of this scholarship:
- To increase scholarship & college/university awareness of high school seniors
- To encourage high academic attainment in our youth
- To reward hard working high school seniors and assist in collegiate expenses
Eligibility and Requirements: At the time of submission for this scholarship, the applicant must:
- Applicant must be an enrolled high school student who is in his/her senior year
- Applicant must be in good standing with the high school
- Applicant must have at least a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Applicant must be accepted to a 4-year accredited College or University, Trade School or Community College
- Completed application form
- 1 completed scholarship recommendation (Teacher, guidance counselor, coach, employer, clergy, NOT friends or family)
- 1 Essay no more than 2 pages in length, Times Roman font (size 12), & double-spaced
- Current High School transcript
- A copy of a College/University, Trade School or Community College acceptance letter
The Prosperous Investments Scholarship Scoring Committee will evaluate each application and select ONE winner. If there is a tie, the prize money will be split. The winning essay will be primarily graded on clarity, organization, grammar and content.
Amount: The Prosperous Investments Scholarship will award a minimum of $1,500.00 to the winning applicant. Payment will be to the college/university which the winner was accepted/will attend.
Deadline: Applications postmarked after 31 May, 2017 will not be accepted and returned to sender. Prosperous Investments will announce the winner no later than 1 August, 2017.
Do gun control laws reduce crime? Do gun control laws violate the United States Constitution? Some people believe that gun-free laws in some large cities or certain states reduce crime. Others argue that gun-free zones do nothing because criminals will have guns regardless of what the law says. What do you think? Please explain and support your position on why gun control laws should or should not exist.