I was born in 1979 in Kingston, Jamaica & moved to Farmingdale, Long Island, New York, at the age of 10. After my junior year of high school in NY, I attended Fork Union Military Academy (FUMA), an all-boys boarding military high school in Virginia. Talk about culture shock!? I survived the big change and graduated from FUMA in 1997.
I knew I needed it and decided to stick with the military environment and I attended The Citadel, the Military College of South Carolina. Now that was a tough four years! Upon graduation from The Citadel, I was commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Air Force. I am now an Active Duty Major. My career field is Air Battle Manager. I am a Senior Director on the Air Force’s $330 million mighty E-3 Sentry, Airborne Warning and Control System (AWACS).
I am Currently an Assistant Professor of Management in the Management Department at the United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO. My teaching areas of expertise are Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management. I am certified as a “Senior Professional in Human Resources” by the Human Resources Certification Institute.
When I am not deployed defending the United States, conducting business, or molding future Air Force Officers, you can find me doing community service, playing football (soccer), reading on my Kindle, riding my motorcycle or traveling.
- 2001, The Citadel, Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
- 2004, The University of Oklahoma, Master of Human Relations
- 2012, The University of Phoenix, Doctorate of Management (My Dissertation: The effects of Network-Centric Warfare on Micromanagement, Centralized control and Decentralized Execution)
- 2015, PM Training, Certificate, Project Management
- 2016, Syracuse University, Certificate, Human Resources Fundamentals
- 2016, Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) Certification
- Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc.
- Toastmasters International (CC, CL)
- Academy of Management
- Management Faculty of Color
- Ph. D Project
- Educating Children of Color Summit
- African American Youth Leadership Conference
- Society of Human Resources Management
- Tuskegee Airmen, Inc.
Feel free to drop me a line. Thanks again for stopping by.
Dr. Paul Prosper, SPHR
CEO & Founder, Prosperous Investments, LLC